Bridge at Remagen 1945 Tactical System
OBJECTIVE: To capture as many Panzer (grey) or Sherman (green) tanks as possible, in the allotted time period. Tactical will start at 8:30a.m. and end at 10:30a.m. Aerial bursts will start and end the battles. Or it may end if all tanks are captured. There are 15 tanks for both sides. Tanks are made of a 8/12x11 paper envelope.
Aerial photos are provided for all unit commandeers, showing the locations for the objectives for both the German leaders and G.I. leaders. (15 tanks each )
The tanks will be posted on trees, buildings, or hang from bushes.
Inside the tank envelope will be a point value, and a number for casualty hits. Plus special squad leader instructions.
When tank is captured, 2 points, or more are awarded for either the German or G.I. companies. All German troops work as one unit. All G.I. troops work as one unit. Points will be tallied for all in each combat company unit. There may be additional instructions for squad leaders in tank envelope. G.I.'s capture grey panzers, Germans capture green Shermans. Combat teams cannot capture opposing teams tank.
Captured tanks must be taken to command vehicle. Vehicle to be designated at officers meeting on Friday evening. When the captured tank is delivered to command vehicle the points are doubled. Only one or more infantry men can deliver the captured tank to the command vehicle. If a vehicle captures the tank then it must be delivered by foot to command vehicle. No jeeps, motorcycles, or armored vehicles can deliver a captured tank to the command vehicle.
Casualties: Inside each tank envelope will be a number for casualty hits. Immediately after opening tank envelope squad leader, must designate casualties from his squad. They must remove helmet and report to medic aid station. Medic will give instructions to wounded soldier.
Medical: Medic station is located on map, and is neutral territory. At least one German and at least one G.I. medic will be posted at the station. (Red cross flag will fly at post)
Wounded must show their event dog tag, and give name, rank, and serial number, and unit to medic. Medic will give instructions. Additional points can be awarded if wounded obey medics instructions.
NO MOVING OR HIDING OF OTHER TEAMS TANK OBJECTIVES PLAY FAIR.
BATF Address information:
Event Rules, Authenticity Standards, and Safety Guidelines for WWII German Re-enactors 2017
This is the 9 year (72 Anniversary) for the Remagen event. Each year is more successful
1. EVENT RULES
1. The Borough of Tidioute and Limestone Township. Pennsylvania are inviting us to use both
2. Only military salutes will be used This is not the time or place to display Nazi party salutes. No Nazi
3. If any person(s) causes problems, the State Police will be called and that individual, or unit, will not
4. Event participants must be a minimum age of 16 years old. There are no exceptions.
5. Any combatant aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
II. AUTHENTICITY STANDARDS
1. Uniforms and equipment represent the following”late war” Wehrmacht troops fighting on the
a) Uniforms and equipment will be quality reproductions or original items, worn correctly representing
2. Hair and facial hair:
3. Weapons: must represent those used by Wehrmacht soldiers of proper rank and position during
4. Camp/display areas in addition to personal items
a) All visible items in the camp/display area must represent both the 1940's and German army.
III. SAFETY GUIDELINES
1. It is the duty of each unit member to help provide a safe environment for their fellow reenactors or
ALL MILITARY VEHICLES MUST SHOW PROOF OF REGISTRATION, AND INSURANCE AT 99th REGISTATION TENT. THANK YOU FOR YOU COOPERATION.